- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into small chunks.
- Wash and chop carrots into small chunks.
- Place chunks of butternut squash and carrots onto a lined baking tray and drizzle w/ olive oil and sea salt
- Roast for 30-45 minutes or until vegetables are golden in colour.
- Combine onion, garlic and olive oil into a big pot for 1 min and add water to start the vegetable broth
- Let it simmer for 20 min
- Add red lentil (optional) + 1 cup of water
- Add roasted squash and carrot + 1 cup of water into a big pot. Let it simmer for 10 min
- Add ginger and turmeric and let it simmer for 10 min
- Add more water to get your desired consistency
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Enjoy it chunky or blend it until smooth with a stick blender or in a food processor
- Serve hot or cold.
- Garnish with pumpkin seeds, herbs and/or sprouts
Tips & Tricks
- Add red lentils for an added protein source
- Garnish with grilled tofu or poached egg for extra protein
- Freeze leftovers
Benefits & Purpose
Immune Function Support: Carrots & Squash
Anti-Inflammatory Defense: Ginger Turmeric
Healthy Gut Support: High in FIber
Beta Carotene found in carrots and butternut squash helps to support the natural function of the immune system, along with vitamin A which can help prevent infections. In addition, both ginger and turmeric have anti-inflammatory properties that can help nourish a healthy immune system. Pumpkin seeds contain a diverse and rich antioxidant support and are high in minerals including magnesium, manganese, copper, iron and zinc. Zinc is responsible for a healthy immune function by helping with the growth and development of white blood cells. Finally, this wonderful soup is loaded with fibre rich vegetables and seed, making it a gut-healthy meal.
Download a printable version HERE>>